Chantal Thomass | “Rendez-Vous” FW2014 Collection | Photo Ellen von Unwerth
Syncretism Cesar Santos
"I conceive pictures that represent my deepest and most irrational perceptions. Through this I aspire to show images that transmit the impression of paintings of the past, but are imbued with contemporary, fresh concepts as well as my own personal philosophy.
My artistic energy drives me to arrange elusive figures and objects in conceptual designs, yet rendering them in a believable and convincing way. I bring both worlds - theoretical and naturalistic - into communion: taking objects out of their natural context to create a new environment for them, a new reality or world for us”
i like this but i don’t fully understand it…
you don’t understand how sad this is. each adult is a cross, and each child has been crucified by said cross.
- the priest (i assume he’s a priest, correct me if i’m wrong) killed the little boy in one way or another, probably rape, which is common among corrupted clergy men.
- the tourist comes to an overcrowded, poverty stricken country, taking up any and all resources that could have gone to the little native girl
- the soldier comes to fight for his country, but ends up killing the innocent girl, probably in her village.
- the little boy dies under the doctor’s knife
- the man kills the little girl in a school shooting (represented with the uniform)
- the “fat” kid is killed by obesity caused by a fast food epidemic in america, most commonly mcdonald’s, shown by ronald mcdonald himself.
this is /haunting/ to look at. children can die at anyone’s hand. even the “heros”
Just to clarify that the little boy dying under the doctor’s knife is because the doctor is stealing his organs to sell in the black market, hence the cooler at their feet which alludes to keeping the organ alive and stable for selling. This is such a strong photo set, really induces a sense of disgust and sadness.
I cried a little
also, the little girl on the tourists back represents the huge child sex industry in south east Asia, popular among tourists